EGEC, the voice of the geothermal sector, seeks a Senior Policy Adviser to support its activities on renewable energy and climate legislation as well as on market intelligence.
We seek a candidate with at least 3 years professional experience, preferably in energy, climate or EU affairs in a think-tank, association, company or civil society organisation. A native-level grasp of written and oral English is essential alongside good self-organisation skills and the maturity to be an effective team player.
In return EGEC offers a dynamic and positive working environment combined with a structured learning programme in a small team. This will allow you to grow whilst making a real difference in the deployment of renewable energy solutions and tackling the climate crisis.
Core responsibilities include:
- EU, national and sometimes international advocacy;
- Writing position papers and briefing notes;
- Market intelligence and coordination of the EGEC annual Market Report
- Supporting EU-funded projects;
- Monitoring and researching our key policies;
- Contribution to organisation of events and communications activities in support of advocacy;
- Representating EGEC at events and stakeholder forums.
- University degree in energy, politics, law or similar subjects;
- Highly proficient level of English language verbal and written communications skills. Other languages are an asset;
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience, in Brussels, in energy, climate or EU affairs;
- Experience writing documents, publications, analysis for external or internal audiences;
- Knowledge of current EU affairs and/or a special interest in renewable energies;
- Confidence and good self-organisation skills.
- Permanent position, competitive salary in accordance with experience;
- Flexible work environment;
- Attractive holiday package;
- Interesting extra-legal advantages (meal vouchers, group and health insurance, phone subscription, public transport ticket, training);
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (include your first and last name and EGEC in the subject line):
- Your CV and motivation letter should outline your experiences against the desired profile. Please also list the publications or analysis you have authored/co-authored and add links in your CV or motivation letter;
- In a separate document, please outline the opportunities and challenges for geothermal energy in the context of the Fitfor55 package in no more than 600 words.
The closing date for applications is 8 August 2022 to allow for interviews in August so that the Senior Policy adviser can start late August or early September.
Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Candidates are required to have the legal right to work in the EU.