EGEC is looking for a full time communication officer (38h/ week), who is able to work starting from September 2018, for a period of minimum six months with possibility of a longer term contract. We are looking for a new communication officer to join our small but growing team, collaborating with the Head of Communication & Marketing on communication & projects and assisting the Policy officer.
EGEC is the voice of the geothermal sector in Europe. It’s an international industry association with more than 120 members, representing 500 stakeholders from 22 different European countries.
• Overseeing the production and dissemination/marketing of policy papers.
• Assisting the team in the regular monitoring and analysis of relevant political, economic and financial developments; including monitoring daily newspapers for articles of interest.
• Organisation of events (booths at trade fairs, press conferences, workshops, conferences)
• Managing and updating websites, social media, newsletter, and mailing lists
• Managing, designing and editing publications
• General administrative tasks, assisting in the coordination of European projects.
• Good knowledge of current EU affairs.
• Special interest in Renewable Energies.
• Fluent written and spoken English. Other languages are an asset.
• Background in communication, with relevant university degree or equivalent experience
• Experience of work in office environment.
• Highly Computer-proficient (MS Office suite), experience with websites (especially WordPress), social media, database management, and Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience in preparing publications, videos, and other communication materials
• Flexible and proactive. Ability to multitask and attention to detail.
Experience required :
• At least 2 years of relevant work experience in communication and projects management;
• Experience with organization of large events is a plus.
Closing date for applications: 20th of July 2018
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your first and last name and the job title (EGEC communication officer) in the subject line.
Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Interview dates: 23th- 27th July and 20th – 31st August 2015