Key new measures for Geothermal include:
- Ambitious and Binding targets for security of investments: increase the EU RES binding target to 45%
- Robust, efficient and transparent licensing and permitting rules;
- Mandates on local authorities to produce heat transition plans based on local renewable resources and binding commitments on Member States to increase the share of renewables in national heating and cooling final energy consumption;
- Pan European and National financial risk mitigation frameworks for renewable heating;
- Removal of direct and indirect fossil fuel subsidies;
- A uniform carbon price applied on heating in all buildings across the EU.