The European Geothermal Innovation Award is given to companies which have made an outstanding contribution towards the field of geothermal energy in the form of innovative products, scientific research or project initiatives.
Endorsed nominations and the award winner are recognised for their outstanding work and impact on a growing and dynamic industry. The award recognises originality, innovation, reliability, reduction of emissions and improvements in energy output, an opportunity for industry peers to acknowledge excellence, and for the most exciting ideas to be widely publicised.
The winner is announced during the award ceremony at GeoTHERM expo & congress.
The European Geothermal Innovation Award is an initiative from EGEC Geothermal in collaboration with Messe Offenburg, organisers of the GeoTHERM expo & congress.
For any additional information, contact the EGEC secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The European Geothermal Innovation Award 2108
The final candidates are (in alphabetical order):
- GDF Latin America (Germany), the first multi-donor climate initiative offering risk mitigation for surface studies and appraisal drillings during the exploration phase of geothermal projects in Latin America.
- GPC Instrumentation Process (France), for the design and implementation of the first sub-horizontal well in a geothermal project, a technique so far only used for oil drilling that allows to drain more hot water over a long length.
- Politecnico di Torino (Italy), for their system ENERTUN, that allows transforming a tunnel lining into a low enthalpy geothermal system.
- PORCIÓ Ltd. (Hungary), for the Gyopáros Production and Reinjection Geothermal System, in operation at Gyopáros Thermal SPA.
- RWTH Aachen University (Germany), for the development of their Temperature Sensor Module (TSM) for detecting groundwater flow velocity and direction near a borehole heat exchanger.
READ THE FULL PRESS RELEASE
- 23th November 2017: Nominations open
- 14th January 2018: Closing date for nominations
- 1st February 2018: Five shortlisted candidates announced as ‘endorsed nominations’
- 1st March 2018 : Overall winner announced during the award ceremony at GeoTHERM
- Christian Boissavy, former EGEC President, France
- Adele Manzella, CNR-IGG, Italy
- Sandra Kircher, Head of Trade Fairs, GeoTHERM Expo&Congress, Germany
- Javier Urchueguia, Chairman Geothermal Panel RHC ETIP, UPV, Spain
- Bruno Leray, Storengy – Group ENGIE, ETIP-DG Vice-President, France
The previous winners of the European Geothermal Innovation Award
2017: enOware, for their miniaturised sensor which allows to professionally plan, monitor and measure near-surface geothermal probes. Read about it here.
2016: Exergy, for the world’s first 2-pressure-level cycle on a single-disk turbine demonstrated in Denizli Tosunlar geothermal plant, Turkey. Read about it here
2015: MijnWater, For the innovative infrastructure for the distribution of mine water throughout the municipality of Heerlen. Read about it here
2014: BESTEC, for their contribution to the development of commercial EGS projects. Read about it here