The European Commission did a public consultation about its planned Climate Law.
The Climate Law is one of the main political committment of the President of the European Commission for the EU to deliver on the compliance of the Paris Agreement.
EGEC’s inputs are articulated around several priorities for the Climate Law to set a framework beneficial to the market uptake of geothermal energy:
– target of zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050
– -55% greenhouse gas reduction by 2030 is the minimum
– binding renewable energy and energy efficiency targets
– binding measures towards the implementation of RES and EE targets
– ensure half of the heat consumed in 2030 comes from renewable heating sources
– full stop of fossil fuel subsidies