EGEC is pleased to announce the five endorsed nominations for the Ruggero Bertani European Geothermal Innovation Award 2020.
The final candidates are (in alphabetical order):
• BAKKER OILFIELD SUPPLY (Netherlands), for Degasser, which consists is a multi-usable type of separator which separates oil and/or gas from high volume water flows.
• CARBFIX (Iceland), that aims to becoming a key instrument in tackling the climate crisis and substantially reducing global CO2 emissions.
• EAVOR GMBH (Germany), that aims to capture geothermal energy to produce steady and dependable heat and electrical power without emissions of any kind.
• VULCAN ENERGIE RESSOURCEN GMBH (Germany), that aims to extract the lithium from the brine using direct lithium extraction.
• ZAE BAYERN (Germany), the test QEWS II rig emulates the thermal behaviour of a real borehole heat exchanger of different lengths and underground properties.
This year as well, the high-quality of submitted applications for projects developed within the previous year made for a challenging competition, showing that the geothermal sector is brimming with unceasing innovation.
The jury for 2020 is composed of Miklos Antics (France, representing EGEC), Adele Manzella (Italy, research expert), Sandra Kircher (Germany, representing Messe Offenburg), Fausto Batini (Italy, Magma Energy, ETIP-DG President), and Javier Urchueguia (Spain, representing RHC-ETIP geothermal panel). The Jury will now deliberate to select an overall winner which will be announced on 5th March at the GeoTHERM expo & congress in Offenburg (Germany).