EGEC is currently looking for a Head of Policy & Regulation, to join its team in Brussels, to start before September 2019.
The head of the policy and regulatory department will be responsible for the European Affairs activities, will manage our team of two policy officers, and will be project leader of some EU-funded projects. The Person, with a senior policy officer background, will work very close with the Secretary General. He/She will be responsible for building strong relationships with Policy Makers.
is the voice of the geothermal sector in Europe. It’s an
international industry association with more than 120 members, representing 500
stakeholders from 20+ different European countries.
- Define and implement the policy strategy, engage
EGEC in EU legislative proposals and policies
- Present EGEC policy positions: Develop/maintain
relationships with the EU institutions and exchange information with policy
- Overseeing the production and
dissemination/marketing of policy papers and project results.
- Analysis of relevant political, economic and
- Organisation of policy events (press
conferences, workshops, conferences)
- Develop clear and concise positioning and
- General administrative tasks, coordination of
- Excellent knowledge of current EU affairs and
- Special interest in Renewable Energies.
- Good understanding of EU Climate & Energy
Package, EU institutions, EU energy policy and EU electricity market regulations.
- Fluent written and spoken English: communicator
(oral and written) in English. Other languages are an asset.
- Background in European
affairs, with relevant university degree or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to work in a team and to manage
knowledge of MS Office
- Flexible and proactive. Ability to multitask and
attention to detail.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in Policy & Regulations
- A track record of influencing stakeholders on policy and legislation·
- Experience with EU associations is a plus.
Closing date for applications: 31/05/2019
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV (in English)
include your first and last name and the job title (EGEC Head of Policy) in the
Please note that only candidates considered for an
interview will be contacted.